11/1/08

another of the ones....










...who is gone from me, mash'Allah. Maymouna (Debakkar X Hatshepsut) was the sister of Telmousit (see below for the post about Telmousit). I chose [not without difficulty] not to use either of them for breeding forward since they had epilepsy (al hamdullilah it was a very mild form....in fact Telmousit had only two seizures [of which I am aware] in the nine years of her life...Maymouna more, unfortunately, but not to the point that it affected the basic quality of her life, al hamdullilah). I did use their brother Safouan for breeding and he figures prominently in the ancestry of many of the aidi I've bred. Maymouna and her siblings were more "rustic" in type than what many people today think of as an Azawakh....but for me she was incredibly "typical", in both morphology and temperament; a true daughter of the Sahel. Her life was a light in my heart, her loss a wound that will never heal. Maktoub wa al hamdullilah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about may..