8/12/09

my Grandmother Moore...


...in the kitchen of my old farmhouse in GA before the tragic fire that claimed the lives of eleven of my hounds. She is holding little Hatshepsut in her lap. Hatshepsut was my first desert bred Azawakh. Her dam line is the second most prominent in my breeding program. She was bred by Ayad ag Inachanan, Tin Akoff, Burkina Faso. From the 2007 expedition I brought back Tamahan, another puppy bred by Ayad. Hatshepsut is a daughter of Taikoussou and Tamahan a grandson of Taikoussou. My Grandmother passed not long after this photograph was taken.

Grandmother Moore had a dog of her own...his name was Boy and he was invisible. Possessed of an intense wit, my Grandmother was very quick with a comeback. Once I asked her how Boy was doing. Her response: 'You know....he's been very quiet lately'. She was a wonderful Grandmother. Al hamdullilah. I miss her.

1 comment:

futurowoman said...

That brings tears to my eyes. Grandmothers are special <3 I am so sorry to hear of her passing, and also of your loss of your hounds and farmhouse! mashallah, I hope things are improving. xo Nancy