10/3/08

two litters coming....



...Insh'Allah. Now that I am sure they are pregnant I feel more comfortable posting about them. I posted earlier about the mating of Batna to Kidal and she did not get pregnant, maktoub...I think I put the male to her after she had ovulated. But I will try to repeat that mating the next time Batna comes into season, Insh'Allah. But anyway...Tawinak (Kusaylah X Taytok) and Tiraout (I brought Tiraout and her sister Tazrayt back from the Sahel, from the ABIS 2007 expedition, al hamdullilah...here is a photo of their dam) are both pregnant by Fasiqqi (the dominant male here). They are due @ the middle of this month, Insh'Allah. Depending on how many puppies...there maybe be puppies available. Tawinak's litter will be registered with the FCI but the registration of Tiraout's litter will be more complicated since we are still working on getting the desert breds registered. It will happen, Insh'Allah, it will just take more time.

2 comments:

Brian Reiter said...

The Fasiqqi X Tirout litter is really interesting. I think Tirouat is beautiful. When I look at her, it really takes me back to AFrica. It's like I just stepped out of a Land Cruiser and there she is. Of course, you know I'm a big fan of Fasiqqi.

Both dogs pass the #1 critical good Azawakh test: they like me. ;)

Jess Ruffner-Booth said...

Tiraout has the most beautiful eyes, like a silent film star.