12/13/09

Hatshepsut


Bred and gifted to me by Ayad ag Inachanan, Chieftan of the small village of Tin Akoff in the province of Oudalan, which is situated in the north-western corner of Burkina Faso, Africa. Hatshepsut was chosen for me by Monika Kessler, Azawakh Kel Dahoussahaq, Switzerland, from a litter out of the legendary Taikoussou, whose imported progeny and descendants have quietly but profoundly influenced the course of many western breeding programs. In 2007, I imported a grandson of Taikoussou: Tamahan ak Tin Akoff, another precious gift from Ayad. Al hamdullilah.

Hatshepsut is the foundress of my second most dominant dam line. In type, she was an enigma: bordering on rustic, but elegant, with noble undertones. She is old now and lives with my friends Matt and Mina in North Carolina, along with Debakkar Kel Dahoussahaq and Akhmedu, one of their sons. Al hamdullilah.

1 comment:

Gudrun Büxe said...

Wonderful to hear that Hatshepsut is still enjoying her life. I fell in love with her the moment I saw her (April 1997, Azawakh-Specialty in Haan-Hochdahl/Germany) and I was so sad when Monika told me that this lovely girl will live in the United States soon. Now I'm very happy about all the wonderful azawakhs she gave us!