1/19/09

Neshroon...


...not sure where I should go with this. Neshroon and Igazan, two Azawakh I had placed as puppies a year ago, were in a bad situation. The situation was bad for the dogs and bad for the owner. My friend and client Mimi Cary Drake stepped in and offered to take them in...al hamdullilah...and now Neshroon and Igazan, who were only a few words away from euthanasia...are blossoming in their new life. I have no desire to excoriate the previous owner...it was unfortunately just a bad fit for everyone...I only wish I had known sooner. Life is short. I know Mimi knows the extent of my appreciation. Insh'Allah wa al hamdullilah. Mimi has a blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Mimi for taking them in! Are you planning to keep them or will you be placing them? So sad that they found themselves in a bad situation, but I am grateful that they have landed on their feet!

akilah (Mimi Drake) said...

Hi Danielle - David actually is the legal owner of both Neshroon and Igazan, he will make the ultimate decision. I think if Neshroon ends up staying with me permanently, I may co-own her with David, I haven't discussed it with him yet. She is a very beautiful and archetypical taidit. Igazan is a very nice dog - if the right home comes along, he can be placed. Mimi

Anonymous said...

Well, thank you so much for caring about the dogs to take them in! I hope they are handling the transition well...I'd love to see some pictures of Igazan as well.